Sunday, September 4, 2011

How to make cute and simple Ribbon Valances...?!


Ribboncurtainde
        
           Ribbons are so much fun to decorate with. They are inexpensive and can add a big punch for the cost. That is just my kind of decorating!
     This is a project that is perfect for springtime, and so easy to make. With windows open for fresh air, the ribbons will be blowing in the breeze. The perfect effect for your princesses’ room.

You’ll need a tension rod and about 10 meters each of five different ribbons (the amount will vary depending on the window size).
- Cut the ribbons few centimeters longer than you need in order to reach the sill.
- Then tie each length onto the rod in a necktie knot. - Alternate colors &/or patterns.
- Trim to fit.


Ribbon_curtain_2

     You could also do as I did when I made one when my girls were little, and trim the ribbons in more of a valance length. Vary the lengths. This isn’t about precision!
     
     I wish I had other photos of this, because it is really so sweet to look at. I never took any of the one I made for my daughters. I guess that is the perfect excuse for making another one.

Go ahead and make one, then plz share your photos!

(basic directions and photos from Good Housekeeping)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Shana: Personalized Prints for Framing

Shana: Personalized Prints for Framing